Mould Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mould Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mould Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
It only takes a small water leak, or even excess humidity, for mould to form in your St. John's home or business. Then, mould can spread quickly through the property in as little as 48 hours. Mould can produce allergens and irritants, and it has the potential to cause other health effects. If your home or business has a mould problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mould infestation.
Learn more about mould and what to do until help arrives by reviewing these mould damage tips.
If You See Signs of Mould,
Call Us Today – (709) 237-7673
Some restoration companies advertise “mould removal” and may even guarantee to remove all mould. This is a fallacy because removing all mould from a house or business is impossible; microscopic mould spores exist almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. Here are the facts:
- Mould is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mould spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mould spores thrive on moisture. Mould spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mould remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mould may return.
- Mould often produces a strong, musty odour and can lead you to possible mould problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mould growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of St. John's?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
In as little as 48 hours, a minor mould issue can quickly spread through a home or business. Once you contact us, we’re dedicated to starting the remediation process quickly. This fast response lessens the mould damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mould Remediation Specialists
As water and mould damage specialists, we have the experience, the expertise, and the advanced training that enables us to get your property restored quickly and thoroughly.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mould Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our advanced equipment helps to detect and stop the source of water feeding the mould. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber.
The Mould Remediation Process
Every mould damage scenario is different, and requires a unique solution, but the general mould remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
- Emergency Contact - (709) 237-7673
- Inspection and Mould Damage Assessment
- Mould Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mould and Mould-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mould Misconceptions
It’s easy to understand why many people struggle to grasp the facts and issues surrounding indoor mould because sensational news stories and advertising cloud and obscure the real issues. Educate yourself with the facts about mould and learn about the mould remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of St. John's is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of the St. John's community. When you have a water or mould damage issue, we’re already nearby and ready to help.
We are also part of a national network of over 1,700 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: